As with any hobby, there are just certain accessories that make it so much more enjoyable! These accessories allow you to get the most of your bike, maximize time and enjoyment on the trail, and make transporting your bike a breeze.
My go-to bike rack is the Thule T2 Pro XT 2 bike rack. It fits 1.25″ and 2″ hitches and is built like a tank. This thing will literally last forever! In addition to being really well designed all-around, the other thing that I like about it is that it can be upgraded from a 2-bike to 4-bike carrier with a simple add-on.
Most of us start off with one, maybe two bikes, and have no need for the four bike carriers. However, it’s good to know that Thule has your back, and provides for a simple way to expand its storage if need be.
While hanging-style bike racks are lighter and cheaper, they can sometimes be tricky to mount full suspension bikes on them. If you’ve got a carbon frame or think you might have one in the future, then it’s preferable to not have your bike rubbing up against the rack at all. This platform style rack locks the bike down securely by its front and rear tires.
Last but certainly not least, it has built-in security to lock the bikes to the rack and the rack to the vehicle.
- The Crux Reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks.
- Magnetic Tube Trap keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- Stabilizing load-bearing hip belts with cargo optimizes a custom fit and keeps essentials close at hand
You should be carrying water and some emergency tools on rides, so why not put them into a more convenient bag? The CamelBak Skyline 10 LR Hydration Pack is the best around.
Its low center of gravity is designed to provide maximum stability during rides, which isn’t the case for most other bags on the market.
Helmet hooks, compression webbing, and a ventilated back are just a few more reasons why I love this bag.
The Marmot PreCip jacket is a must-have for the cold-weather season. It features NanoPro Technology, a waterproof breathable technology, ensuring a dry and comfortable fit for all-day wear. This jacket can be rolled up and packed away into one of the pockets, delivering a lightweight and portable addition to your adventure.
While you probably won’t plan too many rides in the rain, this rain jacket is perfect for keeping in your bag for unexpected weather events. It can shield you from wind or rain, and even help keep you warm on the trail if need be.
You won’t even notice that it’s in your bag until you need it because it weighs in at a whopping 11 ounces!
- Magnetic case keeps storage of the F Series easy and also supplements the handle for more leverage
- Includes chain tool 8/9/10/11/12 speed compatible
- Equipped with - hex wrenches: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, screwdrivers: Phillips #2, flathead #1, spoke wrenches: 0, 1, 2, 3 and Torx t-25
- Fitted with a bottle opener for that after ride reward!
It’s sleek, lightweight, and well-built. Plus, the case has a bottle opener for post-ride celebrations 🙂
While its name may sound goofy, chamois cream can be a lifesaver for preventing saddle rash.
Its antibacterial nature helps reduce the chance of infection and also lessens the effects of itching and chaffing.
Please – just spare yourself, and get some chamois cream!